[Wine] Script to run Wine and save log

Gert van den Berg wine-users at mohag.net
Tue Jul 21 09:40:11 CDT 2009

Hi,

It runs under OpenSolaris (2009-06)

A minor cosmetic issue (which writing output in cases where it doesn't
under Ubuntu)

Interestingly enough OpenSolaris uses X.org, which includes glxinfo,
which is probably not available on Solaris 10. (Solaris 10 uses Xsun
AFAIK)

In addition /bin/sh is (indirectly) linked to ksh93 whereas Solaris
have a proper Bourne shell.

(Unfortunately I do not currently have a x86 Solaris 10 box to test)

(Other note: I see a certain wiki editor decided to revert my edits)

Gert

Output example:

$ ./wine_with_log winecfg
which: no  in (/usr/gnu/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin)
Wine version: wine-1.0.1
WINEPREFIX: '/export/home/vdbergp1/.wine'
WINEPREFIX state: Pre-existing
Working directory: '/export/home/vdbergp1'
Date: Tue Jul 21 14:58:26 SAST 2009
OS info (uname -a): 'SunOS had-704068 5.11 snv_111b i86pc i386 i86pc Solaris'
Current user: vdbergp1
---------
Glxinfo strings matching '^OpenGL.*string|^direct rendering:':
Failed to initialize TTM buffer manager.  Falling back to classic.
direct rendering: Yes
OpenGL vendor string: Tungsten Graphics, Inc
OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI Intel(R) 865G 20061102
OpenGL version string: 1.3 Mesa 7.2
Command: "/usr/bin/wine 'winecfg'"
err:iphlpapi:getNumWithOneHeader Unable to open '/proc/net/route' to
count entries!
err:iphlpapi:getRouteTable unimplemented!