[Wine] Re: WINE install of Dreamweaver MX works; but can't launch DWMX

shobuz99 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Jul 21 11:48:42 CDT 2009

dimesio wrote:

> > Ok here is the terminal output:
> >
> > rick at rick-desktop:~$ wine start dreamweaver.exe
> > fixme:exec:SHELL_execute flags ignored: 0x00000100
> > rick at rick-desktop:~$ err:module:attach_process_dlls "odbc32.dll" failed to initialize, aborting
> > err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"C:\\Program Files\\Macromedia\\Dreamweaver MX\\Dreamweaver.exe" failed, status c0000005
> >
> > The terminal does not return to "rick at rick-desktop:~$"
> > I have to Ctrl+C to get back. Does this mean it is hanging?
> >
> > I did attach the "odbc32.dll" in winecfg, along with "msvcrt.dll" and "oleaut32.dll"
> > Do I need to attach "odbcint.dll" as well? Any others?
> >
> > Thank you for your help..
> >
> > Rick (shobuz99)
>

> What exactly do you mean by "attach"? Did you actually copy the native dlls to your wineprefix, or did you merely set the override in winecfg? If the latter, you have to copy the native dlls.

Thank you. You are right, again. I only set the override for 3 dlls, in winecfg.
As a matter of fact... The minute I replied to your post; after reading the terminal output, I realized that I hadn't copied the native dlls to the /.wine/drive_c/windows/system32 folder. I did that right after I sent my reply. The results were strange, but eventually worked.
Here's what happened: I copied from my REAL XP windows/system32 drive, the files odbc32.dll, and msvcrt.dll. I left out odbcint.dll.
When I tried it again, the error complained of not finding odbcint.dll, so I went back and copied that from my Real windows/system32 drive.
Then I ran the "wine start dreamweaver.exe" command again. The design code screen came up, and I thought I was good to go.
I selected what layout I wanted and clicked ok.
However, the program went to the Logo; but didn't display the logo..just a blank 'untitled file' rectangle box where the logo should have displayed...
and it just sat there for at least 2 minutes. I was discouraged again because I thought it was 'hung', and got up from the computer to do something else...
When I came back and looked at the screen, I noticed that it had FINALLY loaded. It must have taken at least 3 minutes to completely load.