[Wine] How to avoid control-c killing the open program?

Frédéric Delanoy frederic.delanoy at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 08:14:55 CDT 2009

On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 2:38 PM, phhs80<wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> When I am running a program under Wine and I press Control-C, the running program is killed. However, this behavior is not always the desired one. In truth, imagine that the program is doing some calculations that you want to interrupt; if one presses Control-C, the program is killed, but all one wanted was to interrupt the calculations and NOT killing the program. Is there some workaround?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Paul

Well, if the program itself doesn't provide a way to cancel a
calculation, I don't see what wine could do... it doesn't (and
shouldn't) have intimate knowledge of every application...
Now, if you just want to suspend the program, you can use your
terminal suspend feature (Ctrl-Z generally) to suspend the whole
process

Frédéric