[Wine] Multisim: unable to initialize DAO/jet db engine

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 23 19:07:46 CDT 2009

greenman755 wrote:
> wine ./Desktop/Jet40SP8_9xNT.exe
> fixme:setupapi:extract_cabinet_file awful hack: extracting cabinet "C:\\windows\\temp\\IXP001.TMP\\Jetsetup.CAB"
> err:ole:TLB_ReadTypeLib Loading of typelib L"C:\\Program files\\Common files\\Microsoft shared\\dao\\dao2535.tlb" failed with error 2
> I install multisim and do all what was write in this topic. But multisim not work. p.s. sorry for my english.

This fixme can be ignored.

Can you run the installed program from a terminal session and capture
the resulting log as per:

http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#head-a37de3282d447376d2220d20a278ae52258551a4

If the log is quite lengthy, please post it to pastebin.com and post the
URL to the log here in the forum.

Thank you.

James McKenzie