[Wine] wine: /intended/PREFIXdirectory/not owned by you

Gert van den Berg wine-users at mohag.net
Thu Jul 23 23:50:11 CDT 2009

On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 23:35, Indubitableness<wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> This is how the partition is mounted. This is from the fstab
>
> /dev/sdb1        /media/Iomega_HDD ntfs-3g     umask=000        1   0
>
> I also thought maybe that NTFS would cause problems, but in this case I don't have a lot of choice. This is a shared backup drive for windows and linux and I am unwilling to shrink it and make further partitions, although I could.

Sometinhg else that might be possible, is to create a file on the NTFS
partition, run mkfs on the file and mount it with a -o loop. That way
you could have an ext[234] / reiserfs mount using space from the NTFS
partition.

This has an example: (loadmin is not really needed AFAIK)
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-linux-filesystem/

Gert