[Wine] Help! How to mix win32 and native os calls in code?

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 26 18:26:05 CDT 2009

Gert van den Berg wrote:

>>> Wrong forum, people here know mostly *NIS & win32 api. Not Mac.
>>>
>> Mac _IS_ Unix.
>>

> Yes, but the default GUI is not X11...
>
> (And a lot of the APIs are a lot more OpenStep-like AFAIK, with Unix
> APIs available for some things)

Gert, Austin and the rest:

X11 is now installed by default with Leopard.  Apple recognizes that not
all applications are going to be Aqua compliant and some will never
be.   This is a distinct disadvantage.  BTW, it took many man-years to
get OpenOffice.org and Aqua to work well with each other.  Sadly, I do
not think we have the manpower to do this for Wine.  Wine will remain an
X11 application and for that reason, many Mac users will not use it.

James McKenzie