[Wine] Problems with Pass4Sure's Network+ Demo

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 26 21:38:17 CDT 2009

All:

My employer has required me to pass a computer security certification
exam.  The folks at Pass4Sure have what I consider the best program.
However, it does not want to play nice under Wine.  I installed the Demo
version of the Network+ test program.  It is a native Windows Java
application.  It wanted to install GDIPLUS and msxml6.  I used
Winetricks to install them and then tried to run the program again and
here is what showed up in a terminal session:

wine n10-003\ DEMO.exe
Fontconfig error: Cannot load default config file
Fontconfig error: Cannot load default config file
fixme:system:SystemParametersInfoW Unimplemented action: 4132
(SPI_GETDROPSHADOW)
Fontconfig error: Cannot load default config file

I have this particular .wine to set for a virtual desktop and it
appeared and then disappeared.

Any ideas as to what else I can do?

BTW, Java is installed and is Java 1.5 Update 15.

James McKenzie