[Wine] Two soundcards. Use both with wine. Problem

bralmu wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Jul 28 04:23:57 CDT 2009

Hi,

I have an integrated soundcard and I have just bought a new sound card to play UltraStar (open source karaoke) in the 2-players mode.

This game is know to work fine with wine and the last time (three years ago?) that I did this, it worked without special configuration. But it was an older version of wine, ubuntu and ultrastar and now it seems not to work.

The problem is that in the "recording" configuration menu of the game there is only one soundcard called "default" (my integrated Realtek). But I have 2 soundcards installed in my ubuntu system :/. I'm using ALSA as Wine sound (you can see in the screenshot).

What can I do?

System:
AMD64, 512MB, nForce motherboard with Realtek sound integrated.
Conceptronic USB Audio (very simple card, lineout and mic)
Ubuntu 9.04 up to date
Wine-1.0.1

[Image: http://geocities.com/brunoxe3/01.jpg ]
Ubuntu volume control devices (Before)
--------------------------------------

Code:
Nvidia CK804 (Alsa mixer)
Realtek ALC850 rev 0 (OSS Mixer)
Playback: Nvidia CK804 - Nvidia CK804 (PulseAudio Mixer)
Capture: Monitor of Nvidia CK804 - Nvidia CK804 (PulseAudio Mixer)
Capture: Nvidia CK804 - Nvidia CK804 (PulseAudio Mixer)

After plug in the external usb soundcard
---------------------------

Code:
Nvidia CK804 (Alsa mixer)
Realtek ALC850 rev 0 (OSS Mixer)
Playback: Nvidia CK804 - Nvidia CK804 (PulseAudio Mixer)
Capture: Monitor of Nvidia CK804 - Nvidia CK804 (PulseAudio Mixer)
Capture: Nvidia CK804 - Nvidia CK804 (PulseAudio Mixer)
Generic USB Audio Device (Alsa mixer)
Playback: Generic USB Audio Device - USB Audio (PulseAudio Mixer)
Capture: Monitor of Generic USB Audio Device - USB Audio (PulseAudio Mixer)
Capture: Generic USB Audio Device - USB Audio (PulseAudio Mixer)

[Image: http://geocities.com/brunoxe3/02.jpg ]
[Image: http://geocities.com/brunoxe3/03.jpg ]
/etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf
------------------------------

Code:
# Prevent abnormal drivers from grabbing index 0
options bt87x index=-2
options cx88_alsa index=-2
options saa7134-alsa index=-2
options snd-atiixp-modem index=-2