[Wine] Re: Help testing regression

mildred wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Jul 28 08:11:41 CDT 2009

vitamin wrote:

> mildred wrote:
> > Could not load 'KEYBOARD.DLL' required by 'SUPERLEX', error=2
>
> Something isn't right with your build. Please make sure you have all required development packages installed: http://wiki.winehq.org/Recommended_Packages

I didn't use the apt-get install command line that was on the wiki page for regression testing because I use Fedora, and I thought that if ./configure had finished, that was ok.

But ./configure --verbose I got:

Code:
configure: libhal development files not found, no dynamic device support.
configure: lib(n)curses development files not found, curses won't be supported.
configure: libsane development files not found, scanners won't be supported.
configure: libgphoto2 development files not found, digital cameras won't be supported.
configure: libldap (OpenLDAP) development files not found, LDAP won't be supported.
configure: libcapi20 development files not found, ISDN won't be supported.
configure: libcups development files not found, CUPS won't be supported.

configure: WARNING: libxslt development files not found, xslt won't be supported.

configure: WARNING: OpenSSL development files not found, SSL won't be supported.

So I installed devel packages until all of these messages disappeared.

But that doesn't seem to solve anything :-/

I tried to use the --prefix option to install wine somewhere and make install, I got a strange error:

Code:
/usr/bin/install -c  -m 644  `basename __install__/avifile.dll16` /home/mildred/.local/opt/wine/lib/wine/`basename __install__/avifile.dll16`
/usr/bin/install: omitting directory `avifile.dll16'

Then i remembered that some time ago, trying to run bisect, I had a problem because files ere replaced by directories (or the contrary). Producing a compilation error (can't create file)

I removed the directory avifile.dll16, checked out again the current version and compiled, and I got an error for the next directory. I suppose I'll just remove the entire dlls directory to clean it and rebuild it entirely. This should work I hope.