[Wine] Re: C&C3 won't start

MarcoBR wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Jul 28 10:47:08 CDT 2009

Alexander Nicolaysen S... wrote:
> That means the game was unable to change the screen resolution; you should add
> 800x600 as a display mode in /etc/X11/xorg.conf
>
> If you are using OSS as the sound driver in winecfg, try switching to ALSA.
>

> Alexander N. Sørnes
>
> Tirsdag 28 juli 2009 16:35:14 skrev MarcoBR:
>
> > It WORKS!!!
> >
> > I just emulated a virtual desktop and it stopped complaining about DirectX!
> >
> > Now it's too late because I did install it (should I uninstall?)
> >
> > Although I have no sound but that is fixable
> >
> > :D

Hi!

I don't have alsa in this wine version to select.
I only have pulseaudio, jack and esound. None of them works in the "test sound".

I installed alsa-lib-devel to see if helps but alsa still doesn't show.

A popup tells me:

" Found driver in registry that is not available!
Remove "alsa" from registry? "

Still trying more..