[Wine] OSX Wine and USB Drivers

nucleardreamer wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Jul 28 19:29:32 CDT 2009

I feel like a big fat noob. I know that autodetect from device isnt supported yet (says so on the selection box, under the drives tab of winecfg) but I was curious if I could get some help.

I have a couple different USB devices, a Ralink based wifi adaptor and a motorola V3 phone. There are drivers for both that I have, and work nativly on windows.

On native windows, autodetect devices takes care of selecting whatever is plugged in. I hate windows.

My question: Is there a way I can install or select drivers to be assigned to a USB device? In osx /dev is foreign to me, but im pretty sure the motorola is running under /dev/tty.usbmodem411