[Wine] Wine can no longer access port 80

RedWagon wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Jul 28 21:46:17 CDT 2009

I play a lot of games on Linux so I compile Wine from source and run it from the source directory to allow multiple versions and configurations.  A couple weeks ago I started noticing errors whenever Steam tried to display a web page which was no biggie since I never use the storefront and I just chalked it up to Steam being buggy.  But then I noticed the same error popping up in other programs and when I looked into it more I found that every version and config of Wine I have could recieve any HTTP traffic.  The rest of my system works fine, it's just that anything run through wine can no longer receive anything over port 80.  I always get
random.domain could not be found.  Please check the name and try again.