[Wine] Cannot install Matlab 5.3 R11

Gert van den Berg wine-users at mohag.net
Wed Jul 29 13:09:41 CDT 2009

On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 17:15, juanE<wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> I tried Octave. The problem was that I have some matlab programs that are not directly compatible with Octave, so I have no alternative but using matlab.

Octave seem to work fine for basic programs (The user-interface suck
though) It has problems with many (if not most) programs using Matlab
toolkits.

Scilab is similar to Matlab with similar toolkits (at least for the
image processing / electronic engineering applications that I was
interested in), but uses a different language.

Just some notes: Matlab's avaliable toolkits differ between platforms.
(e.g. The Image Acquisition Toolbox is only available for Windows).
This means that running MATLAB under Wine might still be handy in some
cases.