[Wine] Re: How to run mulitple instances of app, each for unique IP?

maxxjr wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Jul 29 13:30:31 CDT 2009

John Drescher wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 2:10 PM, maxxjr<wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
>
> Wouldn't this be a question for the application's support and not
> wine? I mean usually an application will have some configuration on
> what ip address it listens to not the os controlling what ip address.
>
> John

When I start the application up under wine, it pulls the IP address it listens on automatically from somewhere.  When I first tried it, it pulled up a 127.1.0.1 type address, since this is what was in my /etc/hosts file for my hostname.  Which I changed the hosts file so that the hostname was associated with the network IP 192.168.1.x, the application pulled this new IP address up.