[Wine] Open Office install

A. Tres Finocchiaro tres.finocchiaro at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 22:14:49 CDT 2009

This is a bit off-topic, but DaVince asked why one would need OOo in wine
and I wanted to add to the discussion...

An example I'm familiar with....

OOo on wine *could* be needed when running programs such as Lotus Notes
(legacy versions) or a similar app because of file associations in the
Windows environment not coming through to Linux.  (i.e. Click an Attachment
in Notes, what opens it?)

Of course, IBM now makes native verisons of Lotus Notes in RPM and DEB
format, but most companies are still stuck on legacy versions.

Details:

http://www.pcurtis.com/ubuntu.htm#winenative

OP, good luck on the RTF stuff.

-Tres