[Wine] update wine

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 31 09:25:51 CDT 2009

>I have had to reinstall ubuntu 8.04 because of the incompatibility of
>version 9.04 with my video.  In doing so I lost my e-Sword program and
>on download and install of the latest version of esword4linux I am
>informed that my version of wine is incompatible with the program.
>However, the latest version is not available for Hardy throuh the
>Synaptic Package Manager and when I attempted to folloe the directions
>in the readme file that comes with the Download of wine-1.1.25 my
>attempt to install failed miserably.  My present version is wine-1.0.0-1
>and any hep would be greatly appreciated.

First, use Synaptic to upgrade to 1.1.25 or 1.1.26.  The version of Wine you are using is almost a year old.

Please visit the e-Sword entry on in the Applications Database and read through the comments I placed there.   You might need to install msls31.dll using winetricks as this file is not incorporated with Wine.

James McKenzie