[Wine] Wine and Talisman Online in Ubuntu 9.04
wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Jul 31 16:47:25 CDT 2009
Hello, I have Ubuntu and Vista in my laptop... I'm trying to use Vista the least bit possible, but I have a game there that I haven't been able to use with Wine...
Talisman Online's steps for playing are usually these:
1. Create an account and download client.
2. Install client and open it.
3. Click Enter so client can check if there's a new patch.
4. Then click 'Enter Game', at this step Client will open a new window and the previous one will dissapear eventually.
5. In this new window you'll be promted to write your username and pw...
6. Etc... irrelevant steps.
I've done all of that in Vista... But I tried in Ubuntu as well... I used Wine to install Talisman in ubuntu, it asked me to authorize Wine to install some other stuff called Gecko that it needs for the application to run... Then I clicked Enter, then Enter Game... When I do that, It shows a message saying: 'This application can't run on a Virtual Machine'.
I have Ubuntu 9.04
I use Wine 188.8.131.52
Talisman Online's patch version is 1553
My Graphic's info is: VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 07)
I need somebody to help me please. But I'm just starting to use Linux, so please, use basic terms so I can understand you better... And if you can't do that, still write your suggestions and I'll look it up.
Thanks in advance.
More information about the wine-users