[Wine] Super Newb Question

kuehnau wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jun 1 08:20:28 CDT 2009

Hello, I am really, really new to the whole Linux scene. I had some bad stuff happen with Windows and decided to try Linux because people have been telling me it is really secure. So that being said I looked for the most user friendly one I could find and came up with Ubuntu Linux.

I installed WINE because I was told I could possibly run some windows programs with it. I followed the instructions and installed it as guided. I then followed instructions on how to install windows based software on my machine and run it.

So far so good. I tried to install The Sims 2 on my PC. But it just crashes after trying to load for awhile. So I went to uninstall it, through WINE. It said it was uninstalled, but the folders are still showing up on the upper left hand, drop down folder of WINE under programs, under the Applications options.

Any suggestions on how to get rid of it?