[Wine] Google SketchUp 7 won't start again.

xeddog wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Jun 2 12:24:51 CDT 2009

About 3 weeks ago I downloaded and installed Sketchup 7 on my Ubuntu Jaunty linux machine with Wine 1.1.22 installed.  Since then I have started Sketchup several times and it has always started.  Well, day before yesterday I was actually going to use it, but when I launched it all I got was the icon in the taskbar telling me that Sketchup was starting, and then it went away.  No error messages or anything.  I also have another app that now does the same thing.

I un-installed wine via Synaptic, deleted the ~/.wine directory and started over.

I re-installed Wine (1.1.22 again), used winetricks to add several things including mdac28, msi2, msxml6, vb6run, vcrun2005 (and vcrun2005sp1), ie6, allfonts, allcodecs, and fontfix.  I also tried to install Gecko for another app, but when I select it and try to install it, nothing at all happens except the Winetricks window closes.  Then I installed Sketchup 7 again.  No help.  I still get the same thing.  Icon in taskbar for10-12 seconds and it goes away.

I read about how to get a log file to diagnose things and when I run
[code]wine sketchup.exe &> winelog.txt[/code]
I get this:
[quote]fixme:actctx:parse_depend_manifests Could not find dependent assembly L"Microsoft.VC80.CRT" (8.0.50727.762)
fixme:actctx:parse_depend_manifests Could not find dependent assembly L"Microsoft.VC80.CRT" (8.0.50727.762)
fixme:actctx:parse_depend_manifests Could not find dependent assembly L"Microsoft.VC80.CRT" (8.0.50727.762)
fixme:actctx:parse_depend_manifests Could not find dependent assembly L"Microsoft.VC80.CRT" (8.0.50727.762)
fixme:actctx:parse_depend_manifests Could not find dependent assembly L"Microsoft.VC80.CRT" (8.0.50727.762)
fixme:actctx:parse_depend_manifests Could not find dependent assembly L"Microsoft.VC80.CRT" (8.0.50727.762)
err:module:import_dll Library MFC80U.DLL (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Google\\Google SketchUp 7\\sketchup.exe") not found
err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"C:\\Program Files\\Google\\Google SketchUp 7\\sketchup.exe" failed, status c0000135[/quote]

It seems to me that the vcrun2005 should have taken care of this, but obviously not.  Any other ideas that I can try??

Machine is a 2.4Ghz p-4 with 1GB ram.  Video card is nVidia 6200 and I am using the latest proprietary nVidia driver - 180.  I do have some part of Compiz installed.  I use the Compiz Fusion icon to enable a couple of desktop effects, but it does not matter if I disable compiz and use metacity.  The same thing happens.  When I look at System Settings>Preferences>Appearance>Visual Effects "None" is selected.

TIA,

xeddog