[Wine] Re: Google SketchUp 7 won't start again.

xeddog wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Jun 2 13:09:51 CDT 2009

dimesio -

Thanks for the quick response.  I had read the information in the link you provided.  Corefonts should have been included with allfonts,  and it seems to me that vcrun2005 should have been the proper selection over vcrun6, but I will see if I can try that one.  As for dotnet20, well I should have mentioned this but I tried to install that with Winetricks too, but got an error that Microsoft Installer 3.0 was required and I could not install dotnet20.  Besides, dotnet20 is apparently only needed for some plugins.

I will have to do a little more reading, but I will try installing sketchup with a clean wineprefix.  But after I removed the Wine package with Synaptic I deleted the ~/.wine directory.  Isn't that the same thing that you are suggesting??

Thanks,

xeddog