[Wine] Another app that crashes InstallShield

walt w41ter at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 17:37:27 CDT 2009

I posted this about 8 hours ago and it never appeared on the list.
Sorry if this is a duplicate.

dimesio wrote:
> walt wrote:
>> This site gives away a free stock/currency charting app for
>> Windows:
>>
>> http://www.marketbrowser.com/get_it.asp
>>
>> Any known tricks for getting the installer to work in wine?

> What InstallShield problem? The installer worked fine for me in 1.1.22.
> What doesn't work is registering, when it runs into bug 13891. The
> workaround in the bug report fixes that.

Ah, my problem with InstallShield was caused by an old setting in winecfg
to use the 'native' rpcrt4, which is apparently not necessary any longer.
When I changed that to builtin the installer worked.

When I run the application it pops up an error box saying it couldn't determine
the version of 'the System' and quits.  The error on the command line is:

fixme:actctx:parse_depend_manifests Could not find dependent assembly
L"Microsoft.VC80.MFCLOC" (8.0.50608.0)

Does that have to do with the registering problem, maybe?