[Wine] Crashday: RakNet.dll failed to initialize

ADI64 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Jun 3 04:12:43 CDT 2009

Hey all,

I have got a weird problem.
Crashday worked some weeks ago flawlessly (some gfx bugs though).
Recently I wanted to play it again and made a wine update to 1.22, hoping that the gfx bugs are fixed.
Instead, the game refuses to start.

Code:

[adi64 at tux Crashday]$ wine Crashday.exe
err:module:attach_process_dlls "RakNet.dll" failed to initialize, aborting
err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"Z:\\media\\share\\programme\\Atari\\Crashday\\Crashday.exe" failed, status c0000005

My friend also did the wine update, and the game works fine for him (some gfx bugs are fixed for him).
We both use ArchLinux, he uses the 32bit version, I got the 64bit version.
I tried removing and reinstalling it, tried different patches (1.0 -> 1.1, inofficial 1.1 -> 1.2), tried a different wineprefix and even cleared my .wine folder.
Then I thought my executable or the dll may be corrupted and took those from my friend, but it still didn't work.

Anyone got an idea what I could do?