[Wine] Noob Hyperlobby help please.

Martin Gregorie martin at gregorie.org
Wed Jun 3 04:20:33 CDT 2009

On Wed, 2009-06-03 at 02:17 -0500, wildbillkelso wrote:
> Hi Dimesio.
>
> dcom98.exe. It says already has a newer version installed. I have also
> installed winetricks as it seems to be a usefull tool. When I
> downloaded the link you kindly sent and executed the exe it said there
> was a newer version installed. I can find no evidence of it in any of
> my wine directories.

Could it be installed somewhere else?

Two useful tools for checking this are:

- "which program" which will check whether 'program' is on your current
  Linux search path

- "locate name" which will list all absolute pathnames that contain
  'name'. 'name' will also be found if its a partial name.
  Note that locate is fast because it looks up a database that's updated
  once a day. Run 'updatedb' manually if you suspect the database is out
  of date due to some package install or upgrade.

  Hint: if locate finds large numbers of hits, try "locate name | less"
  to see the hits page by page. Less also has good abilities to search
  within the text it displays. Learning how to use its search function
  is time well spent.

HTH

Martin