[Wine] CounterStrike Source / TF2 Hard Lockup

ross232 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Jun 4 03:00:13 CDT 2009

I'm really hoping someone might be able to help me with this one. Both CounterStrike Source and TF2 play really well on my machine but eventually cause the entire system to hard lock (requiring a reboot, I can't even access terminals).

I've spent a significant amount of time trying to get this to work. I have tried completely removing Pulse Audio, setting the game to win98 mode, and using different versions of Wine.

I can't capture any debug output (at least I don't think) because the system hard locks. When this happens, the sound loops over and over (almost like its the PulseAudio issue... but it isn't as I have removed this!).

My hardware:

Dell Studio 1555
Intel Core 2 Duo P8600 2.4ghz
ATi 512mb 4570HD