[Wine] Wine menu dont show in application menu

Taz2781 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Jun 4 08:04:57 CDT 2009

Wine was on my Ubuntu 9.04 and I uninstalled. As the icons were not deleted from the Applications menu, I manually delete them.

The problem comes now:

 I've reinstalled Wine, and now that I dont see icon of Wine in the Applications menu. Then I went to the menu editor and I have to Revert button, but nothing ...

Wine is "fine" because I've installed some applications on it.

I followed the instructions of the faq and see what the file says:

> 6.29. I deleted my Wine menu, and now I can't get it back.
>
> Rather than actually delete anything, menu editors on Linux simply mark menus as "Deleted" so that they don't show up in the menu. This information is stored in ~/.config/menus/applications.menu. Edit ~/.config/menus/applications.menu, and you should find a section near the end that looks similar to this:
>
> Code:
>         <Menu>
>                 <Name>wine-wine</Name>
>                 <Deleted/>
>         </Menu>
>

> or perhaps this:
> Code:
>
>         <Menu>
>                 <Name>wine-wine</Name>
>                 <Menu>
>                         <Name>wine-Programs</Name>
>                         <Menu>
>                                 <Name>wine-Programs-AutoHotkey</Name>
>                                 <DirectoryDir>/home/user/.local/share/desktop-directories</DirectoryDir>
>                         </Menu>
>                 </Menu>
>                 <Deleted/>
>         </Menu>
>

> Remove the <Deleted/> line and your Wine menu will reappear.

This is what that command show to me:

Code:
<!DOCTYPE Menu
  PUBLIC '-//freedesktop//DTD Menu 1.0//EN'
  'http://standards.freedesktop.org/menu-spec/menu-1.0.dtd'>
<Menu>
	<Name>Applications</Name>
	<MergeFile type="parent">/etc/xdg/menus/applications.menu</MergeFile>
</Menu>

I hope someone can find the solution

Thank you :(