[Wine] Wine Package Manager

Jarrhed wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Jun 6 15:48:49 CDT 2009

I am considering writing a program for a package manager for Wine. This package manager will be Open Source and licensed under the LGPL sense it will be written using Visual Studio 2010 (in .NET Framework 2.0). It will be run within Wine, not in mono in Linux. I know there is something already out there like this (wine-doors) but in my opinion it is poorly written and just isnt that good overall. My questions are:

1. Would this application be able to gain popularity
2. Would it be useful

If people find it useful and most people think it would have a decent user-base then I will write it. I plan to call it WineManage if the answers to the above questions are Yes.