[Wine] Wine Package Manager

Jarred Sumner jarredsumner at gmail.com
Sat Jun 6 13:46:47 CDT 2009

    I am considering writing a program for a package manager for Wine. This
package manager will be Open Source and licensed under the LGPL sense it
will be written using Visual Studio 2010 (in .NET Framework 2.0). It will be
run within Wine, not in mono in Linux. I know there is something already out
there like this (wine-doors <http://wine-doors.org>) but in my opinion it is
poorly written and just isnt that good overall. My questions are:

1. Would this application be able to gain popularity
2. Would it be useful

If people find it useful and most people think it would have a decent
user-base then I will write it. I plan to call it WineManage if the answers
to the above questions are Yes.