[Wine] Wine Package Manager

Vincent Povirk madewokherd+8cd9 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 10:47:22 CDT 2009

On Sun, Jun 7, 2009 at 1:29 AM, Jarrhed<wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> I doubt it would stop working randomly, imo Wine has gotten a lot better than it used to, for example CSS hasn't broke for a longtime and Mono has been known to work for a longtime, they even used to release a version specifically for wine. Worst comes the worst I could just release an installer with .NET Framework 2.0 but I highly doubt that will be needed

If you use the .NET framework that essentially means that for the Wine
community it might as well be closed source. Most people do not have
Visual Studio 2010 and would not be able to compile your program.
Relying on a .NET interpreter (either MS or mono) adds an extra layer
where things break and makes everything harder to debug.

Whether or not the project is useful to begin with, this language
choice would make it less useful for Wine.