[Wine] access another drive

orlcam88 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jun 8 14:05:04 CDT 2009

Sorry if I'm repeating some of the other post questions but the answer wasn't quite clear as what I want to do.

I'm using Ubuntu fully not dual boot.  I have 4 drives.  One is my main Ubuntu drive.  Another drive (call it the D drive)  is a holdover from windows that have photos and videos.   The other two are backups.

I want to access my D drive in Wine but I can't see it in the drive's tab in Wine.  This drive was not formatted for Linux, so it still is in NTSF format.
Is is it possible to access it in wine?

If this is not possible, then if I take one of the backup drives, format it in ext3 (? newbie) and copy everything from D to the newly reformatted drive, will I now be able to access the new external drive in Wine?