[Wine] sound issues

formar wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jun 8 19:43:44 CDT 2009

I have gotten the sims 3 to run and stay open, but Im having issues with audio. This is the first and only game that I have installed so I have no way of telling if this is a general issue or a specific one with this game. But im pretty sure that its an over all wine problem. My knowledge with linux is low so please instruct accordingly.

To the problem:

I have eDimensional AudioFX Pro 5.1 Force Feedback USB Gaming Headset ( awful headset) that uses Alsa mixer. Listed in ubuntu as c-media usb headset. It works as should in ubuntu but when I launch the sims 3 it has absolutely no sound. Ill be monitoring this and I will be happy to post any info that is required to help solve this problem.

Some solutions I have attempted:
-I attempted to killall pulseaudio but it seems to just relaunch the min I attempted to start the game
-I attempted to use padsp ( no idea what it does tbh) but was instructed to put that before running wine in terminal. The problem being that I use playonlinux so I dont know how to access the config file it specifically makes for the game.

I appreciate your time in reading this and helping me out

Thanks,
Anthony