[Wine] Re: Wine Package Manager

Jarrhed wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jun 8 20:29:42 CDT 2009

My plans may change for this program but here are my plans;

3 Tabs

1st Tab - Install
When you click the Install tab it would start a wizard to guide you through installing software. It would be simple, you select a category, then an application off the list based on category then click Install. All the applications are either Gold or Platinum on the Wine AppDB list as of the release of the program. This tab would only be available in the Wine Version
2nd Tab - Remove
I would create an Uninstaller that has a bit more features than the built-in Wine Uninstaller.  This wouldn't be as heavily developed as the Install tab
3rd Tab - Manage
This tab would have scripts and registry patches that are commonly needed for various programs and games to work. This would only be runnable in Mono mode on Linux

It will be compatible with both Wine and Mono so you will be able to choose which you want to use the most but I will provide an installer that includes Mono but I won't provide one that includes .NET Framework 2.0.

There will be two editions
Wine and Linux
Wine will have the Install and Remove Tab
Linux will have the Remove and Manage tab

If you have any questions or suggestions email me @ jarredsumner at gmail.com or just reply to this thread