[Wine] HEADER_WindowProc unknown msg ?

Austin English austinenglish at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 22:02:46 CDT 2009

On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 5:47 PM, walt<w41ter at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 9 Jun 2009, Austin English wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 10:57 AM, walt<w41ter at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > I had an app running happily for over an hour, fetching realtime quotes
>> > for foreign currencies, when it suddenly encountered "a serious problem"
>> > i.e. a crash, and had to close.  This is the error message from the
>> > command line:
>> >
>> > err:header:HEADER_WindowProc unknown msg 1264 wp=33f988 lp=0033f9e4
>

>> Was there more in the terminal?
>>

> Yes indeed, hundreds of fixme's of various flavors, but those can't be the
> reason for the crash because the program routinely produces those even
> when it's working.

That doesn't necessarily mean that error is the cause of the bug. A
crash should show a backtrace, which you didn't have.

If you're sure that err is the cause, use 'winetricks cc580'. Native
comctl32 doesn't work perfectly though, some buttons may be black,
etc.

> I should mention that from winetricks I've installed vcrun2005sp1, msxml3,
> and I'm using the native rpcrt4 just to get the program running.

Native rpcrt4 does not work properly in wine, especially if installed by itself.

--
-Austin