[Wine] Juniper network--Ran under 0.9.58, fails under 1.1.23

leon244 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Jun 10 06:26:46 CDT 2009

I am running Mandriva. Under 2008.1 I ran wine 0.9.58 and ies4linux and using this was able to access my desktop at work via Windows Terminal Session which runs Juniper Network. Under Mandriva 2009.1, wine 1.1.23 is installed and everything runs  until I try to access my desktop at work via Windows Terminal Services and the process hangs when dsTermServ.exe is begun and the window freezes and I cannot complete the connection to the desktop. Everything else on the system is unchanged except the version of wine. I have tried disabling the firewall on my machine and there is no change. In fact with the same machine and settings, if I boot into 2008.1 I can access the desktop. Also, if I remove wine 1.1.23 and reinstall wine 0.9.58 under Mandriva 2009.1,  Juniper will run and I can get to the desktop. The other problem with 0.9.58 is that when I end the connection, wineserver does not close down and has to be killed separately by the user.

I have no idea where to go next in hunting down what has changed or what I may need to do to fix this and am hoping someone can give me some guidance.   :?