[Wine] Debugging .a library created with winegcc

hlp wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Jun 10 08:07:34 CDT 2009

I am using winegcc/wineg++ to port a windows application to linux.

Everything works fine and I produce .a library files that I link to create executable (exe.so) files.

My problem is that I can not set breakpoints when I am debugging. I start winegdb on my exe.so and write "break <symbol>" where <symbol> is a symbol in n .a library that the .exe.so was linked with. But the symbol is newer recognized and when I "continue" in winegdb the break point is never reached.

I can however set breakpoints in .dll.so files such as the ones the are shipped with wine.

Is it possible to set breakpoints in .a libraries?