[Wine] Getting programs to detect my soundcard

Fredczhy wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Jun 10 08:51:04 CDT 2009

I have a problem, that some programs don't detect my soundcard. Sound works fine in others, but they don't detect it, and refuse to start because of it.
Usually the crash logs tell me to make sure that the sound card is enabled, and when listing the hardware, everything else is correctly listed, except the sound card , which shows like:

Code:
Sound :  ()

How can I configure wine, so that it detects the soundcard , or at least identifies the it as some other soundcard (I have a Realtek AC 97, but if it would identify, as some other soundcard, the program would start). I also did a search the matter, but couldn't find a solution.