[Wine] Forcing Application Resolutions

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 11 10:02:18 CDT 2009

sbdixson <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote about [Wine]  Forcing Application Resolutions

>so heres the delima (mainly centered around starcraft but also other games) Ideally I'd like to be able to manually set the running resolution of a game, im not sure if this is still doable without the config file but im hoping.

Just as as adjunct to your comments, I run Final Doom in a 800x600 virtual window and it sizes correctly to 640x480 on my Mac running a home built version of Wine for Mac using Mike Kronenberg's build script.  Some early games were set to run in a 320x200 window and cannot resize properly upwards and appeared real ugly if you did not use propriary software to make it happen.

James Mckenzie