[Wine] WoW not working - crash at start after ug to fc11

rednoise wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Jun 12 05:02:41 CDT 2009

I've tried various things to make it work, but it just doesn't seem to.
Now, I did install from LiveCD, will install full fc11 tomorrow and try again,
but currently this is what happens (have nvidia driver latest), would love
to see if anyone else has had this and found the fix:

World of Warcraft]$ wine --version
wine-1.1.18

World of Warcraft]$ wine "C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\WoW.exe"
err:seh:raise_exception Unhandled exception code c0000005 flags 0 addr 0x60873a46
^C^C^C^C^C^C^C
^Z
[1]+  Stopped                 wine "C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\WoW.exe"

(can't even Ctrl+c out of it)

World of Warcraft]$ ps|grep WoW
 2794 pts/1    00:00:05 WoW.exe
World of Warcraft]$ kill 2794
World of Warcraft]$ fg
wine "C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\WoW.exe"
Terminated