[Wine] Re: Wine-linux-ppc32 working status and future enchantments

xexaxo wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Jun 13 04:51:24 CDT 2009

vitamin wrote:

> Unless you really understand how the windows loader works it's pointless trying to answer this question. Besides loader is not the problem.
>
> In short, Wine does not emulate CPU. The actual windows program is written and compiled for x86 CPU and contains x86 CPU instructions. It can not work on PPC (or any other non-x86 compatible architecture), because it has totally different instruction set.

I have a few ideas but notting proven ( about the loader bit ).
I was hoping that it would be just a simple ASM conversion ( from x86 AM to ppc32 ASM ) like some parts in the qemu, but I was wrong.

My search for the perfect distro + a working qemu in user mode continues. Does anyone found a working solution ?

Thank you for all of your answers