[Wine] Re: Problem with EVE-Online

El-Barto wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Jun 14 11:51:41 CDT 2009

Darkslayer wrote:

> Now I'm using an ATI X1650 that is powerful enough, however I can't find any drivers for it. I've gone to a couple of Linux and forums and it seems that everyone says that if you ATI and Linux you are screwed unless you have the lastest and greatest.
> Thanks

Thats somehow true unfortunatly :(
I played EVE with ATI (old one, 9500) under W2k before, with no problems until CCP, the makers of EVE, changed something with some libraries needed and which W2k couldnt provide. Then I  changed to Linux and it was impossible to make EVE work properly. I finally bought a Nvidia and that was like a revelation ;) You dont need a very new modell. Right now I have a 7950 and I think a 7600 or even 6800 would be enough.