[Wine] How do I do core dumps and backtraces?

Kingoftherings wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Jun 14 13:56:25 CDT 2009

I've been testing out Red Orchestra on Wine, and when I run it, it tells me that wineserver crashed and to run ulimit -c unlimited and try again.

So I did that, and tried, that time it didn't tell me wineserver crashed, but it did.  I run wine again, and it says wineserver crashed last time, and to run this command:
gdb /usr/bin/../lib32/../bin/wineserver /tmp/.wine-1000/server-803-80a20a/core

So I run that, and it gives me this:

Code:

This GDB was configured as "x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"...
(no debugging symbols found)

warning: Can't read pathname for load map: Input/output error.
Reading symbols from /usr/lib32/libwine.so.1...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/bin/../lib32/libwine.so.1
Reading symbols from /lib32/libc.so.6...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib32/libc.so.6
Reading symbols from /lib32/libdl.so.2...
(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib32/libdl.so.2
Reading symbols from /lib64/ld-linux.so.2...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib/ld-linux.so.2
Reading symbols from /lib32/libnss_compat.so.2...
(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib32/libnss_compat.so.2
Reading symbols from /lib32/libnsl.so.1...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib32/libnsl.so.1
Reading symbols from /lib32/libnss_nis.so.2...
(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib32/libnss_nis.so.2
Reading symbols from /lib32/libnss_files.so.2...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib32/libnss_files.so.2
(no debugging symbols found)
Core was generated by `/usr/bin/../lib32/../bin/wineserver'.
[New process 3929]
#0  0x08072713 in ?? ()
(gdb) backtrace
#0  0x08072713 in ?? ()
#1  0x00000005 in ?? ()
#2  0x0892c988 in ?? ()
#3  0xffc038e8 in ?? ()
#4  0x0806b362 in ?? ()
#5  0x0892bca8 in ?? ()
#6  0x0892c220 in ?? ()
#7  0x00000000 in ?? ()

Am I doing this right?  I'm guessing I need to recompile, glibc with debug symbols; I'm using Gentoo so that wouldn't be much of a problem, but it takes forever. ;)