[Wine] Key always pressed (sticky or blocked)

patkoscsaba wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Jun 14 17:16:49 CDT 2009

Hi all. This is my first post here... sorry if this topic was already discussed, but I could not find anything related.

In applications run with wine, especially games (but not only) one or more keys seem to be pressed. I mean, even if I don't even touch the keyboard, the program thinks I continuously press UP ARROW and/or RIGHT ARROW.

This happens regardless of applications. Sometimes I can play hours with absolutely no problem, than I am suddenly getting continuous forwoard or other key.
Or in some applications (for example a word processor like application) when I get with the mouse outside of the edit area, it starts to scroll continuously up or down, left or right.

I repeat, this happens independent of the application. Same application can work for days without a problem, than suddenly broke.

Also, if I restart the application, or X, or the hole computer, it doesn't help at all. This problem seems to be completely random.

My system:
- Mandriva Linux 2009.1 64bits
- tried wine 1.1.20 -> 1.1.23
- nvidia gforce 8600gt
- KDE4.2.2 ( with or without 3D, it is the same)