[Wine] Re: Key always pressed (sticky or blocked)

patkoscsaba wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jun 15 08:52:22 CDT 2009

Focus policy is "click to focus", both in Linux and Wine.

I can reproduce this without ever touching the keyboard after starting the application in wine.

For example, I start SwishMax2.0, I click for a new flash movie, I draw with the mouse a rectangle in the edit area. Then i leave with the cursor that area (I place it over the timeline or a toolbar) without clicking or pressing any key ... it starts to scroll, as I suddenly hit an arrow.

Or in a game, I double-click the .exe in Dolphin (or run in from the command line), everything loads, than the game show the Main Menu. It immediately starts moving up (or down, but mostly up) the active menu item. I can stop it only if I keep pressed down to counteract the up action. This behavior follows into the gameplay, when a continuous up makes a FPS game unplayable.

I tried to delete ~./.wine and reinstall the different software, but I have no luck.

Even if you don't know a solution, at least please give me some ideas about how to debug this, how to find out what is going wrong...

PS: there are no key or keyboard related errors/messages in console if I start the respective programs from command line.