[Wine] Re: Help for a dummy running wine on OS X

krslynx wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jun 15 13:23:20 CDT 2009

I've recently tried installing wine via Macports, however I had no luck actually running anything. I'd suggest downloading the source, and manually compiling in Terminal. Once you've done that, use MacPorts to download & install Freetype and Fontforge. However, make sure that you symlink everything to your wine installation, and set your PATH variable correctly.

Also, try doing everything step by step. I.e. from a clean wine installation, test the application - then try Fontforge, Freetype, & whatever else you've installed, if still no luck, then try the registry tricks. I've noticed that wine behaves very differently on OS X than on Linux, especially when it comes to changing registry keys.

Also, post up a log of your terminal output. If it's very long, then you can e-mail it to me and I'll have a look to see if there's any clues in there. (my username at gmail.com).

-krslynx