[Wine] Re: Rosetta Stone suddenly stopped working

ducklord wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jun 15 16:05:47 CDT 2009

Thanks for the reply. I searched the Rosetta Stone home page (http://www.rosettastone.com/) and I don't think that a trial version exists except for the online version of the program.

But, fortunately, I did find a way around the problem. It seems that the proprietary NVIDIA driver and Rosetta Stone don't mix. The reason that Rosetta Stone worked for me in the beginning was that a line was missing from the xorg.conf file, which prevented the GL libraries from being loaded. When I added the line, Rosetta Stone stopped working. So I just "broke" the xorg.conf file again because I don't really have any use for the GL libraries anyway.

Still, it would be nice if the NVIDIA drivers and RS could be made to work together somehow. Could it be the problem that Wine is a 32-bit application and the NVIDIA drivers are 64-bit? Or is there a bug somewhere?