[Wine] Re: applying a patch (select-dup.diff) to wine to fix TF2

RedWagon wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jun 15 18:24:09 CDT 2009

Code:
verdow at RedWagon ~/.wine-1.1.16 $ patch -p1 < select-dup.diff
patching file server/thread.c
Hunk #1 succeeded at 637 (offset -15 lines).
Hunk #2 succeeded at 647 (offset -15 lines).
Hunk #3 succeeded at 693 (offset -15 lines).
verdow at RedWagon ~/.wine-1.1.16 $

TF2 still doesn't work.  Do I need to recompile after the patch is applied?  I'm going to try downloading and compiling the latest release.

> though you could just upgrade to git where it's fixed...

what is git?  Is there something besides the latest source release I should try?