[Wine] Newbie here, need help w/ MS photodraw

daenas wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Jun 16 00:19:29 CDT 2009

Hi there, I'm very very new here.  Found Wine by accident actually.  New to Linux as well, only been 2 days.  I have the latest version of Ubuntu on my HP computer.  Love it!  Anyhow, I've used MS Photodraw 2000 since 2000 and it does virtually everything I want, and when I found out I could install it in Ubuntu my heart leapt with joy!  It installed fine.  My problem that I have is that when I run the program it asks me for my name, initials, group and the cd key.  I entered the key when I installed the program so I'm not sure why it's asking it again and where my name goes there is this "Change preferred owner in ~/.wine/system.reg" .  Took me a long time to find where this exactly was, but I found it.  I put my name in the quotes in the system.reg and save. Im not sure if this means I don't input it in photodraw program itself or not, and when I input the key it doesn't keep it and keeps asking for it.  If someone could help me, and please treat me like a 5 year old in giving me directions on how to fix this...  I'm not a computer genius like most of everyone here. LOL