[Wine] Re: Playing Games with Wine while listening to music

jorl17 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Jun 16 10:53:31 CDT 2009

Capoeira wrote:
> i don't know if this is practical, i don't game. But as i do audio-production i know perhaps another way:
> u can use jack-soundserver (jackd), then tell amarok to output to jack and use jack as output for wine with wineasio. don't know if wineasio is in ure repos though.
> perhaps alsa-oss is better solution

It's basically the same thing, while being different :) In both cases sound is being redirected to something that helps mix. With the pulseaudio approach it _would_ be the same idea, I think.

For him, probably the best thing is what bothers him least. And if wineasio and jack only force him to change a couple of options first, and, then, nothing more, then the Jack approach should be better in terms of usability ;)