[Wine] Re: Error compiling Wine 0.9.53 - Please Help

ackanao wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Jun 16 11:40:34 CDT 2009

Hi vitamin and thank you for your response.

I don't know what to think - kernel headers are installed by default when you install Ubuntu (if I'm not mistaken); Just to be sure I've ran sudo apt-get install linux-headers-$(uname -r) and it prompts me that they are installed:

linux-headers-2.6.27-14-generic is already the newest version.

After reading your post I choose to install some linux-headers packages from repos but that didn't solve the problem...

Today I've tried to compile Wine 0.9.53 on Hardy (in VirtualBox) and it compiles succesfully. Something's not right here and it looks like it has something with kernel headers that are shipped with Intrepid like you suggested. I'll try to compile Wine 0.9.53 later this day on Jaunty but I expect to see same error.

Could you tell me if this could be related to this issue and what should I do if it is:
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/msg156762.html

Alternatively, do you have any other idea I should try out? Thanks in advance.

ackanao