[Wine] Re: Playing Games with Wine while listening to music

Dark Mayu wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Jun 17 11:10:42 CDT 2009

wow, now I learned something new again, thanks James Huk^^.

Well, 1st back to aoss:

Code:
aoss wine quake2.exe
ERROR: ld.so: object '/usr/$LIB/libaoss.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.
ERROR: ld.so: object '/usr/$LIB/libaoss.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.
ERROR: ld.so: object '/usr/$LIB/libaoss.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.
ERROR: ld.so: object '/usr/$LIB/libaoss.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.
ERROR: ld.so: object '/usr/$LIB/libaoss.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.
ERROR: ld.so: object '/usr/$LIB/libaoss.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.
ERROR: ld.so: object '/usr/$LIB/libaoss.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.

This is the error I get so I suppose that I'm missing dependencies or something else. The app (in this case quake2) works, but won't mix with another soundsoucre. Since there're not many win-games I'm playing on linux (actually only quake 2 and homeworld 2, others have to be played on my winxp partition), I do not bother using another application layer.

When changing winecfg to use alsa, I get sounds while running amarok, but those sounds sound like garbage.
My soundcard (which is an onboard chip, SoundMax I think, the 2nd one ATI HDMI but attached to the speakers) is able to mix. I mentioned that any game compiled on linux like Doom 3 or warzone works normally even when running amarok. Also, when I used windows, it worked, too, so I think it should also be possible on Linux. But from my investigations, I learned that this issue was a long-time-bug... I wonder if there's a solution for it? As James Huk mentioned above, it would work if I could fix Alsa, after all, I get sound with it, too, it's just garbage (while amarok when set to use alsa works normally).