[Wine] Gurps Character Assistant 4

LargePrime wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Jun 17 17:03:15 CDT 2009

Dear Sirs;
I am a total Ubuntu NEWB, so I request a Little patience please.

Using Ubuntu 8.10 I downloaded Wine 1.1.23 by adding it to my package manager according to
http://www.winehq.org/download/deb

I installed Gurps Character Assistant 4 according to the App DB (http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=2662) ,INCLUDING copying the windows files over to the wine install and downloading both the latest updates fom SJ, and it seems it generates an error popup
"modforms:buildsmartbar:Error 30001 Unable to open picture file "%1" then the application closes.
Googling this error found a few people with this issue dating from mar09, but no resolutions or responses.

I read the Forum Guidelines (http://wiki.winehq.org/ForumGuidelines) but the line
wine your_app.exe &> /tmp/log.txt 2>&1
Logs this
wine: could not load L"C:\\windows\\system32\\gca4.exe": Module not found

I am currently installing the software required for regression testing as stated in the forum guidelines.
Firstly, Is it possible I installed the app incorrectly installed?
Can you help me get the wine logging terminal command correct?
Is there anything else I should do?

Thanks.
LargePrime